General Terms and Conditions of Big Olive Single Member PC for the sale of guided tours (walks) for the exhibition documenta 14.
Please read these terms carefully before submitting an order to Big Olive PC. By placing an order you agree to the application of these terms and conditions to your order.
The operator of the webshop is Big Olive Single Member PC, hereafter called Big Olive. The following conditions apply to all services of Big Olive in connection with the conduct of walks at the documenta 14.
You can reach us in case of technical difficulties under the service hotline:
T +302120002282 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Scope / Conclusion of contract
- For the business relationship between Big Olive PC and the purchaser, the following general terms and conditions apply in the version valid at the time of the order. Deviating conditions of the customer does not recognize Big Olive, unless Big Olive had expressly agreed to their validity in writing.
2 Advance sale of walks
- Big Olive offers the following services at the documenta 14:
- Exclusive group walks up to max. 15 people
- Exclusive student walks up to max. 30 people
- Participation in public walks up to max. 15 people
- Special tours by appointment
- The duration is 120 min. The walk is performed by a trained “Member of the Chorus”. The selection of the choristers is carried out by documenta gGmbH and Big Olive. External tours are not permitted. The prices for walks (= remuneration) depend on the current price list at the time of the order.
- The visitor can choose from the walks offered by Big Olive and book a walk by naming the desired date and number of participants online (Webshop), via email or telephone.
- The contract is concluded by confirming the reservation by Big Olive. Verbal ancillary agreements or subsequent amendments / additions to a contract are only binding if Big Olive confirms them in writing.
- In case of customer’s delay for over 15min the customer will be withdrawn from the claim to take the walk. The obligation to remuneration remains. If the walk is prevented for reasons of force majeure, catastrophe or strike, Big Olive reimburses the price paid to the customer.
- The customer must present a corresponding printout of the ticket for the walk or a printout of the booking confirmation (only for special tours) at the sales stands / at the agreed meeting points of Big Olive before the start of the walk.
- If an already confirmed booking is changed for a walk at the request of the customer, a processing fee of € 10 will be charged per change.
- Tickets for public walks can neither be cancelled nor exchanged. There is no substitute for lost tickets. The same applies to the loss of a ticket.
- In the event that the exhibition documenta 14 is canceled by the organizer, Big Olive has a right of withdrawal with regard to the concluded contract for the execution of a walk. If Big Olive makes use of this right of withdrawal, the customer is refunded the remuneration.
- In the event that a walk for which the customer has received a confirmed booking by Big Olive can not be carried out, Big Olive will refund the price paid for the tickets. Alternatively, at the request of the customer, a free change of the management date can be made. There are no further claims. If the walk is prevented due to force majeure, disaster or strike, Big Olive reimburses the price paid to the customer.
2.2 Shipping / delivery print @ home
- Tickets for the documenta 14 and booked tickets for walks during a booking on the Internet as well as via the service center will be sent out as a pdf file by e-mail to the customer for printing (= print-at-home ticket).
- The customer is obliged to check the delivery and / or walk tickets (guided tours) immediately after receipt for their regularity and compliance with the order (in particular correct category, number of tickets, ticket price). Such and other obvious deviations and / or deficiencies are to be made by mail or e-mail immediately after the admission of the tickets before the exhibition at Big Olive, in order to give Big Olive the possibility of the improvement. Big Olive is entitled to reject late objections.
- Any objections to tickets which have not been received must be reported immediately in writing by letter or e-mail after an appropriate waiting period after the order has been given, in order to give Big Olive the opportunity to remedy the defect. Big Olive can reject late objections. For short-term orders made within the last ten days before the end of the exhibition on 16.7.2017, the complaint must be made by e-mail or telephone immediately after the absence of the tickets, in order to give Big Olive the opportunity to rectify the defect. Insofar as late announcements about disagreements of the delivered tickets and vouchers or their lack of delivery follow the uncertainty of the proof, this always is at the expense of the customer.
- The tickets, both the barcodes (valid for print @ home tickets as well as standard tickets) must not be damaged. Damaged tickets (print @ home tickets as well as standard tickets) will immediately lose their validity.
- Multiple printings of a print @ home ticket or other duplications or manipulations for the purpose of the abusive admission ticket use are prohibited. With the scanning of the specific barcode on the print @ home ticket, the admission tickets become valid and retain this validity according to their respective category (day ticket, second day ticket, etc.).
- In the case of walks, the customer must present a corresponding valid print of the tickets for this walk.
- Confirmations / tickets are sent to the customer at their risk.
- E-mailing requires a correct email address and the technical availability of the e-mail account.
- If Big Olive is to send the confirmation of booking and / or entrance tickets for the documenta 14 and / or tickets for the walks by mail at the request of the customer, an additional shipping fee will be charged (price on request). The dispatch is effected by registered mail at the risk of the customer. Big Olive reserves the right to choose the shipping company at its discretion.
2.3 Payment modalities
- The prices valid at the time of the booking, which include the applicable value-added tax, are valid.
- The agreed remuneration for all orders shall be payable with confirmation of booking.
- The payment of the tickets for the walks can only be done with a payment method offered at the time of the order in the webshop.
- When selling at the Big Olive sales counters, the payment can be made cash, with EC or credit card on the spot.
- When booking by mail or e-mail, an invoice is issued. The invoice must be credited within the specified period. In the event of a lack of payment, the tickets for walks can be given away.
- In the event that a credit card is charged, the customer / visitor is obliged to reimburse all costs resulting from the re-charging, in particular any transaction and charge-back fees incurred by Big Olive.
- In the case of delayed payment, there are no legal claims to Big Olive or the documenta on the ordered tickets or tickets for the walks.
2.4 House right
- The visitor regulations of the documenta gGmbH apply. These can be found under »Visitor Information« in the webshop. This also applies to the wardrobe control on the site.
- In the case of an infringement of the terms of business or the visitor regulations of the documenta and the Museum Fridericianum gGmbH, the documenta and Museum Fridericianum gGmbH reserves the right to refer the cardholder to the respective exhibition venue of the documenta 14 or to declare a general house ban.
- The staff of the documenta or the persons commissioned by the documenta are entitled to refer visitors to the event site if the exhibiting company impedes them, other visitors are bothered or the exhibition operation is disturbed in some other way or there is a risk of disturbances. This also applies if the customer can not present a valid entrance ticket to the documenta 14 for a walk.
2.5 No revocation
- Big Olive points out that the rules for the distance sales contract pursuant to § 312 b BGB do not apply when selling tickets for walks on the documenta 14. This means that visitors / customers do not have a two-week revocation or return right. Every order of tickets for walks is therefore binding immediately after confirmation of booking and is obliged to accept and pay the ordered tickets for admission or for the walks.
2.6 Picture and audio recordings
- The customer is aware that in the exhibition, image and sound recordings by the documenta and the Museum Fridericianum gGmbH can be made at any time. By purchasing the admission ticket, you expressly authorize that you will be accepted in words and pictures without any claims for remuneration, and that these images are made perceptible via a transmitter or the Internet or other modern communication channels.
2.7 Dangerous objects
- Dangerous objects such as gas containers, pyrotechnic articles, torches, weapons of any kind, as well as objects which can be used as throwing floors (in particular bottles and cans), must not be included in the exhibition rooms at the exhibition documenta 14. The same applies to interference devices such as laserpointer and similar devices.
- Big Olive shall be liable without limitation if the cause of the damage is based on intent or gross negligence.
- Big Olive is also liable for the slightly negligent breach of essential obligations whose violation jeopardizes the attainment of the purpose of the contract or for breach of obligations which the fulfillment of the contract is only possible and which you regularly trust to comply with. In this case, however, Big Olive is only liable for the foreseeable, contract-type damage. Big Olive is not liable for the slightly negligent violation of obligations other than those specified in the preceding sentences.
- The above limitations of liability do not apply in case of injury to life, body and health, for a defect after assumption of a guarantee for the quality of the product and in the case of fraudulently concealed defects. Liability under the Product Liability Act remains unaffected.
- Insofar as the liability of Big Olive is excluded or restricted, this also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents.
3.2 Applicable law / jurisdiction
- All legal disputes arising in connection with the business relationship shall be governed exclusively by Greek law, with the exclusion of the UN purchase law. In the event that the Purchaser has no place of residence or a habitual place of residence in Greece when the complaint is brought, or if the Purchaser is a merchant, Athens shall be agreed as a court of jurisdiction. The contract language is English.
3.3 Complaints / dispute resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Big Olive PC is not prepared or obliged to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer sacking agency.
3.4 Data protection
- In all processes of data processing (for example, collection, processing and transmission), Big Olive shall proceed according to the legal requirements. Your data necessary for the business development are stored and passed on to the service provider who is commissioned by us only for the order and payment processing. Address and order data are otherwise only collected and processed for own marketing purposes. In addition, we assure you that your address data will not be passed on to third parties outside the Big Olive group for marketing purposes.
- You may object to the use, processing and transmission of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by means of an informal notification to Big Olive PC, Anaxagora 3-5, 10552 Athens or by e-mail to: email@example.com. This does not apply to the data required to process your order. Upon receipt of your objection, we will no longer use, process and transfer the data concerned for purposes other than the processing of your order, as well as the further sending of advertising material to you.
- Third Party terms. Big Olive PC makes its distribution service available through partnership with Viva. Viva’s terms of service can be found here http://travel.viva.gr/en/terms
3.5 Place of fulfillment
- The place of delivery, performance and payment is Athens.
3.6 Come into effect
- These General Terms and Conditions will enter into force on 1 March 2017.
Big Olive Single Member PC
Anaxagora 3-5 Athens 10552 Greece
CEO Yannis Zaras